Mottoes and Messages
- Don't invite us...we'll come. - Bert "Chili Cheesedog" Farris
- If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
- We always leave the dugout, the ballpark, each situation, each other, and the world in better shape than we found them.
- There is NO JUST ONE RIGHT WAY TO PRAY...there is never a busy signal...and, it's a toll-free call! - Gene "Boxcar" Blackwell
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
- The best way to enjoy life in America is to first be an American, and I don't think you have to be white to do so...blacks have had a hard time, but not many Americans haven't. - Eddie Robinson, Football Coach Grambling State University
- We have made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when we plant shade trees under which we know full well we will never sit. - D. Elton Trueblood
- The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. - Vince Lombardi
- Don't look back...they may be gainin' on you! - Satchel Paige
- WE win as a team...WE lose as a team...but, most importantly, WE play as a team. - Jimmy Kolaitis
- Good enough never is. - Debbie Fields
- If you don't know where you're going you might...YOU WILL...end up somewhere else.
- There ain't nothin' to bein' a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer! - Honus Wagner
- Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them...a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION! - Muhammad Ali
- More players never reach their potential because of a lack of quality instruction, rather than a lack of ability. - Rod Dedeaux
- Respect all...fear none. - Scott "Bubba" Luke
- My 7-D's of Success
Desire to Excel
Damn it Anyway
- Ralph "Shug" Jordan
- Chance can allow you to accomplish a goal every once in a while, but consistent achievement happens only if you love what you are doing. - Bart Conner
- We don't let one mistake hurt us twice...not in the classroom, not on the ball field, not in life.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - George Carlin
- Learn to fight your own tough battles. - Mike Adams
- No one ever ruined his eyesight by looking at the bright side of life. - Dan Clark
- If Babe Ruth had been a soccer player, soccer would be our national pastime. - Pete Rose
- I'm not playing with a full deck...but, I've had a great life. - A friend with Alzheimer's
- We don’t get there by wishing...we get there by doing. - "Pistol" Pete Maravich
- It's not the honors and not the titles and not the power that is of ultimate importance. It's what resides inside. - Mr. Rogers
- It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. - John Wooden
- A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart. - Tony Robbins
- Ambition...Personality...Opportunity...Preparation. - The Four Ladies of Little Rock Central High School
- We don't teach a person anything...we only help him discover it within himself. - Galileo
- The mistakes we make are temporary; the lessons they teach us are permanent. - Pete Land
- Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...talent will not...education will not. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent...the slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge
- Athletics makes men strong,
Study makes men wise, and
Character makes men great. - Cliff Hare
- Hopefully, we have done things over the years that have touched each others' lives. - TJ Cosgrove
- Play your best and your best will be good enough! - Bernie Walter
- Life is not important except for the impact it has on others' lives. - Jackie Robinson
- Don't let anyone steal your dreams!
- Don't wait to be a good man, be a good boy. - Ralph "Shug" Jordan
- The only way to get better is to get smarter.
- We are first and foremost a TEAM ... we all have equal value ... we all play different roles.
- The more I do something correctly, the better I get at it. - “The Learning Curve of Life”
- If I can say it, I can play it.
- Repetition is the Mother of Success. - Rich Luppino
- Positives beget positives ... negatives beget negatives ... Stay Positive!
- Success really starts happening when you start doing it for yourself, with a smile on your face and from the bottom of your heart. - Lenny Krayzelburg
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re absolutely right. - Henry Ford
- Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
- Aim above morality...be not simply good, be good for something. - Henry David Thoreau
- Age wrinkles the body...quitting wrinkles the soul. - General Douglas MacArthur
- Don’t give up ... don’t ever give up! - Jim Valvano
- Being good is the worst enemy of being your best. - Brooks Robinson
- Give a person a fish and they will eat for a day ...teach a person to fish and they will eat for a lifetime. (American Indian adage)
- It is better to construct, than to reconstruct.
- Life, as in baseball, must be coached. - Louis A. Presutti, Sr.
- If you can't do something correctly slowly, you can't do it correctly quickly.
- Good things happen to good people who work hard. - Gary Butler
- It’s what you do when the coach is not around that makes the biggest difference in your preparation and in your playing ability.
- The other team could make trouble for us if they win! - Yogi Berra
- If you have an opportunity to make things better, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth. - Roberto Clemente
- Never stop talking to your parents...they will always be your best friends.
- What goes around, comes around! - “The Boomerang Principle”
- We are stonger together than we are alone. - Walter Payton
- Everyone is my superior in their way, and I am everyone’s superior in my way. - Bob Volpe
- Anything that you do everyday will never go away.
- If you're not five minutes early, you're late! - Vince Lombardi
- You've got to go through some rough times to appreciate the good times. - Lee Kidd
- You can't quit...it's a league rule! - Brian Piccolo
- Neither the game of baseball nor this world owes me anything...I get what I earn!
- Before you can be a great athlete, you have to be a great person. - Bill McCall
- We may not always be by you, but we will always be with you.
- BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM
Code of Conduct Agreement